OANO & The Ohio Attorney General’s Joint Nonprofit Conference
Oct 26, 2011 04:30pm – Oct 27, 2011 02:30pm
This conference is the place to network, engage around the latest issues facing the nonprofit sector, find resources to benefit your organization, and learn from first-rate speakers about hot topics.
This year’s keynote speaker is Jeff Reinbold, Site Director, Flight 93 National Memorial. Jeff will discuss harnessing the power of dedicated volunteers to assist with a multi-million dollar memorial to honor the crew and passengers who showed courage, unity and defiance in the face of great adversity.
Also at the conference, OANO will also be releasing a Nonprofit Sector Report. The report provides concrete evidence of the size, scope and impact of Ohio’s vital nonprofit sector, as well as Ohio’s place within the national nonprofit sector.
Data will include:
- The number of people employed by the nonprofit sector in Ohio compared to other industries & government
- Total wages earned
- Amount the nonprofit sector contributes towards income tax
- The average charitable contributions of Ohioans
- Sources for nonprofit revenue including fees for service data
Breakout sessions corresponding with the report will include topics such as:
- Ohio Nonprofits: A Major Economic Force (A deeper review of the report’s numbers)
- So, We’re An Economic Force…Now How Do I Get My Legislator and the Media to Pay Attention?
- The Ohio Donor: How Does He/She Compare to Other States & What Do the Numbers Mean for You?
The Ohio Attorney General’s Charitable Law section will offer live demonstrations of how to register online to conduct your annual filings with their office.
They will also offer timely regulatory sessions including:
- Solicitation Challenges and New Technologies
- Bingo, Fundraising & Casinos
- Bankruptcy, Mergers & Entity Changes
- Board Governance, State Registration & The IRS
Registration includes a networking reception from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. on October 26 and a full day of conference activities on October 27.