Loran and Shirley Stutz Scholarship
The Loran and Shirley Stutz Scholarship application is currently closed. Thank you to all of our 2017 applicants.
Loran and Shirley Stutz witnessed firsthand the difference education from the East Guernsey Local School District has on the lives of students, specifically their four children. Empowered by the education they received from elementary school through high school in the East Guernsey Local School District, all four of the Stutz children have gone on to lead successful lives made possible by their education. In gratitude, Loran and Shirley established a scholarship that will benefit students in the East Guernsey Local School District.
The Loran and Shirley Stutz Scholarship Fund, created in 2017, will support graduating seniors pursuing post-secondary education who reside in the East Guernsey Local School District.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria:
- Eligible applicants must be graduating seniors residing in the East Guernsey Local School District, students attending public, private, or parochial schools, as well as homeschooled students, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited 4-year, 2-year, or vocational/technical institution or program
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic through outstanding character, academic excellence, involvement with extra-curricular activities, or work experience.
- Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to applicants who best meet the criteria listed above.
- Scholarship awards are made payable directly to the institution of enrollment on the student’s behalf for all education-related expenses.