Lester D. and Thelma I. Ellwood Educational Scholarship
The Lester D. and Thelma I. Ellwood Educational Scholarship was established through the last will and testament of Thelma I. Ellwood in memory of Lester D. and Thelma I. Ellwood. The purpose of the Fund is to assist worthy graduates of Guernsey County high schools in obtaining a college education.
- Applicants must be a graduate of Buckeye Trail High School, Cambridge High School, Meadowbrook High School or any other Guernsey County High School.
- Applicants must have obtained or will obtain a high school diploma and show proof of acceptance at a vocational school, college, or university.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong work ethic and good ethical character as evidenced by personal conduct, values, and attitudes and behaviors toward others.
- An applicant’s community service will be assessed as evidenced by leadership, service, activities and references.
- Financial need of the candidate will be considered.
- Candidates must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.00 scale.
- Assistance is not intended for pursuit of advanced degrees (e.g. masters degree)
Amount of Award
Scholarship awards and amounts will vary annually, depending on availability of funds. Previous scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for continued support, along with those already attending an institution and/or those returning to school later in life.
2015 Ellwood Scholarship Recipients
- Britt Adams
- Seth Adkins
- John Barba II
- Alyssa Bartlett
- Kristi Bates
- Robin Bodner
- Joseph Galloway
- Joshua Jamiel
- Katelyn Larrick
- Elijah LePage
- Miranda Miser
- Brady Neuhart
- Olivia Rhodes
- Samantha Roe
- Trislyn Treherne
- Randall Tucker
- Alyssa Williams
- Samantha Workman