Helping the Region’s Communities Grow Home
The Foundation was established in 1998 to ensure every county in Appalachian Ohio had access to local philanthropic resources. As a regional community foundation, the Foundation is therefore structured to support counties without their own local community foundation. Communities partner with FAO to grow philanthropic resources for the permanent, long-term benefit of their communities, giving donors a chance to Grow Home.
By partnering with the Foundation, communities and citizens receive direct fundraising support, training opportunities, and communications tools. Additionally, the Foundation performs all administrative and investment activities. As a result of our back-office support and economies of scale, communities, in partnership with FAO, can focus on what matters most – energizing the community to grow permanent, local resources for their benefit.
The following funds are working with the Foundation to Grow Home:
- Community Foundation for Perry County Fund
- Foundation for Meigs County’s Future Fund
- Gallia Community Foundation Fund
- The Guernsey County Foundation Fund
- Harrison County Community Foundation Fund
- The Highland County Community Foundation Fund
- Jackson County Community Foundation Fund
- Monroe County Community Foundation Fund
- Morgan Foundation Fund